Consumer Directed Care means that:
- You identify your goals/what you want to achieve in your preferred lifestyle, health and independence;
- You are told how much money is available to provide your services;
- You have more money for services if you or your family/friends provide coordination and assistance;
- You decide the types of services or equipment to be provided to you (there are some HCP exclusions and inclusions 23-02-17);
- You decide if you want us to also pay for others to provide you with services or equipment; and
- You receive a monthly statement telling you how much of your service budget has been spent and how much is left.
A Mercy Services Consumer Directed Care Package is different:
- You have great flexibility and innovation in designing your package of services;
- We have three different case management fees depending on your level of involvement and control in decision making about your services;
- You will find we genuinely care for you and believe in assisting you to achieve your goals;
- You get to meet and choose your regular direct care worker(s);
- You get the same staff providing your service (with minor changes due to holidays and illness);
- You get to choose the time and the day of your service and we won’t change it without discussing this with you;
- You have one Coordinator who assist you with all aspects of your package;
- You can phone our Coordinators any day of the week and anytime of the day; and
- You become part of the Mercy Services community where all our funds are allocated to helping people in need and making the world a better place for all.
If you are looking at other providers please compare of our services and costs (Mercy Services HCP fee schedule 24-02-17).
Each person needs to be assessed by the Aged Care Assessment Team (ACAT) before being eligible for a package of services.
You can arrange for an ACAT assessment by phoning The Government’s My Aged Care Service on 1800 200 422 (Mon-Fri 8am – 8pm, Sat 10am – 2pm).
Mercy Services provides Home Care Packages in Newcastle, Eastern Lake Macquarie LGA’s and Singleton.
The Government has set 17.5% of Aged Care Pension as the maximum basic daily care fee. The actual fees you pay may be higher or lower than this depending on your circumstances and the services you want. Our Coordinator can explain the details and ensure that you get the help you need.
You will find more information on Consumer Directed Home Care Packages at:
Mercy Services Home Care Packages: (02) 4961 2686
Phone: The Government’s My Aged Care Service on 1800 200 422 (Mon-Fri 8am – 8pm, Sat 10am – 2pm)