Our Community Nursing Service, established in 1976, was the foundation service of Mercy Services. Our Community Nursing Service is staffed by qualified and experienced registered nurses and operates between 8:30am and 5pm Monday to Friday (excluding Public Holidays).
This service provides:
- Initial Assessment of clients and carer needs;
- Referral to other Community Services;
- Ongoing assessment and nursing management;
- Wound Assessment and Management;
- Monitoring of Blood Sugar Levels;
- Organising and education re medications/Webster Pack.
Frail older persons and people with disabilities requiring medical and nursing assistance who live in the Newcastle or Lake Macquarie Local Government Areas.
Our Nurses are approved providers for the Department of Veterans Affairs.
Donations are appreciated, but not essential.
New referrals (aged over 65 years of age) : 1800 8200 422 (Mon-Fri 8am-8pm or Sat 10am-2pm)
Existing clients (Newcastle): (02) 4961 2686
Existing clients (Lake Macquarie): (02) 4944 1944