Donations and fundraising are an essential ingredient in the success and high quality of the programs of Mercy Services. If you are able to assist us financially we will carefully use these funds.
Mercy Services is a not for profit organisation. We are recognised by the Australian Taxation office as a Public Benevolent Institute and as an Income Tax Exempt Charitable Entity. This means we can provide an income tax deductible receipt for all donations.
You can contribute to the valuable services provided by Mercy Services in the following ways:
General Appeal enables flexible and high quality service by buying equipment and/or pay wages where Government funding is not available, for example:
- $600 pays for immediate home modifications assessment (rather than client having to wait up to 9 months for publicly funded assessment)
- $200 pays for an automated medication dispenser for a person with dementia
- $20 pays for art and craft supplies for a day centre activity
Environmental Responsibility Appeal enables the purchase of energy efficient equipment for the organisation and clients, for example:
- $500 pays for a contribution towards solar electricity panels (we need $28,000 to install a 10 KWH system – reducing the cost of our electricity and generating income by selling back electricity when we are not using it).
- $150 pays for a contribution towards buying a more energy efficient computer
- $20 pays for energy efficient light globes for low income clients
Education Fund Appeal provides assistance with course fees and equipment where no other source is available. Since 1999, almost $36,000 has been granted help current and ex-clients complete vocational training. Course fees; Books; Training/education equipment, for example:
- $360 pays for twelve months internet access for a person completing a Uni course
- $100 pays for two hours of driving lessons
- $25 pays for stationery for person starting a TAFE course;
Making a donation