DID YOU KNOW… that 4 in 10 older people feel lonely, isolated and disconnected? It is projected that more than 26% of our population will be aged over 65+ years by the year 2036. That sounds like a lot of people potentially feeling this way. We have a role where you could make a difference…
Mercy Services is a Ministry of the Institute of Sisters of Mercy of Australia and Papua New Guinea (ISMAPNG) founded by Catherine McAuley, in Ireland in 1831. Our clients are our world, and we are continually working to provide exceptional care choices to help them live their best life possible.
We are hiring casual helpers for various shifts that can fit around your study commitments. This could be during the week or on weekends.
No experience required – you will be fully trained
- Great hourly rate, plus the mileage between appointments, and weekend penalty rates
- Between 10-30 hours per week available
- Shifts are located across the Newcastle and Lake Macquarie Regions
- Own a reliable, road worthy vehicle with comprehensive car insurance
- Mercy Services' main office is located in Cameron Park
- You will be fully supported by our Home and Community Care Managers and Team.
Envision yourself driving to a client’s home, sharing a cuppa and a chat together. You could also be helping out across a variety of jobs, such as:
- General home and garden maintenance
- Tech support – help our clients set up smart devices and apps
- Helping with the shopping and basic meal prep
- Driving a client to and from different appointments or activities
- Going on social outings or leisure activities – share in the joy of the client’s interests and hobbies
- Any other jobs that help our client reach their personal goals.
Are you the right person for this role?
We want people who want to help others, and who enjoy making meaningful connections. You will need your own vehicle, loads of enthusiasm, patience, integrity, and some tech know-how.
Previous experience volunteering or working within the community will be considered highly desirable.
HOW TO APPLY
- Click the link to download the selection criteria and check that you have what it takes.
- Submit your resume and a quick story (less than 100 words) on why you want to build meaningful connections with older people in our community, to [email protected]