- • Regular lawn mowing (every two – four weeks depending on season)
- • One-off rubbish removal/yard cleanup
- • Changing light globes and tap washers
- • Repairs to doors, gates, steps etc.
- • Contracting with electricians, plumbers etc. to complete work that requires a licensed tradesperson.
The program is available to the aged, frail aged and people with disabilities and their carers living in the Newcastle LGA or people on a Mercy Services Home Care Package.
Work by our handyperson is charged at $35.75 per hour (minimum 30 minutes). Lawn mowing and yard maintenance rates start at: $14.30 per hour pro rata per worker for mowing. You also pay the cost of tip fees and any materials needed eg new locks, timber.
You only pay 65% of the labour component of any work carried out by tradespersons. You still need to pay for any materials needed.
Mercy Services also provides home maintenance and lawn mowing as part of a Home Care Package at different rates.
New referrals (aged over 65 years of age) : 1800 836 799
New referrals (people with a disability under 65 years of age): 1800 800 110
Existing clients: (02) 4961 2686