- Co-ordination of appointments and bookings; planning daily activities; liaison with family/carers as required.
- Monitoring medication, health and safety.
- Referral to other services as needed
- Social Support in home, centre-based and community outings.
- Choice support can assist an individual to establish a support plan and network—identifying people they would like to assist them (i.e. family, friends, neighbours or our volunteers/paid staff).
- Lending library has memory aid equipment and materials to assist clients to remain independent and at home.
Priority is given to individuals with suspected memory loss and/or cognitive impairment who are living alone and who are frail aged or a person with a disability and their carers living in the Newcastle or Lake Macquarie Local Government Areas.
The program accepts self-referral and requests for assistance from anyone in the community.
The Coordinator will discuss at assessment the individual’s willingness and ability to make a contribution towards the cost of the service. No-one will be denied service due to an inability to pay.
New referrals (aged over 65 years of age) : 1800 836 799
New referrals (people with a disability under 65 years of age): 1800 800 110
Existing clients: Newcastle area (02) 4961 2686 or Lake Macquarie area:(02) 4944 1944