Every day we are supporting our ageing community to live quality and happy lives in the comfort of their own home. To achieve this, our Community Care Assistants support clients in a wide range of duties from high level personal care to household cleaning and may include assisting with showering, dressing, cooking, grocery shopping and supporting with medical appointments and socialising in the community.
What makes working for Mercy so unique is we focus on quality care. We want you to feel fully capable in your nursing role and confident to provide exceptional care standards to each and every client.
Whether you are at the beginning of your nursing career or you are looking for a role that genuinely gives back to the community, this may be the role for you!
You will need:
- Certificate III in Individual Support (Aged Care) or equivalent, or a 2nd year onwards Nursing student
- Be available to work a combination of Weekdays, Weekends or Evenings
- Be able to travel to clients across Newcastle and the Lake Macquarie regions
- Have a current drivers licence and reliable motor vehicle
- Have or are working towards Medication competency
- A willingness to actively support people across a wide range of duties from personal care to general home domestic duties
- Professionalism and alignment with the values and ethos of Mercy Services.
- Demonstrated ability to uphold a high standard of integrity and reliability at all times
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to liaise with a wide range of customers from diverse social and cultural backgrounds
- Exceptional ability to work independently, show initiative when required and effectively manage time
- Proficient in use of electronic technology including smart phones, email and internet
As part of our Employment screening process you will be required to undertake a National Criminal Record Check, NDIS worker screening and have a current Working with Children Check. Applicants must demonstrate the right to work in Australia.
If this sounds like you, submit your application below with a short story (less than 100 words) on why you want to build on your nursing skills whilst developing meaningful connections with older people in our community.
To learn about our Care Worker Training Program, which pays participants to achieve the qualification to work as a Community Care Assistant, click below.